Bandwidth Control Configuration on a UTT SOHO Router
This document describes how to configure bandwidth control on a UTT SOHO router.
- A UTT SOHO Router (hereinafter referred to as “the Router”), such as AC650W, AC60, and etc. Firmware Version: 1.8.0 or above.
- A PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable.
- Launch an Internet browser on the PC/laptop and visit http://192.168.1.1.
- Enter the Router username and password when prompted (default username: admin, default password: admin).
- Click Application. Click Bandwidth Control.
- Specify a rule name in the Rate Limiting Rule Setting. Select Each in the Rate Limiting Mode.
Please notice that there are three Rate Limiting modes.
- Mode Each indicates the specified bandwidth will apply to each host within the target IP range.
- Mode Share indicates the specified bandwidth is shared by all the hosts within the target IP range.
- Mode MAC Rate Limiting indicates bandwidth control based on MAC addresses.
Configure the target IP addresses in Network Object > IP Range. Here we set the value as 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.200. The bandwidth control policy will be applied to this range of IP addresses.
Specify the maximum transmitting and receiving rate in Max. Tx. Rate and Max. Rx. Rate. Here we set both as 4M. Please notice that 0 indicates no limit.
Click Add to add this rule to the Rate Limiting Rule List.
- The bandwidth control rule is then applied. Please refer to the speed test results before and after the configuration.
Please make sure the UTT SOHO router is the gateway of the bandwidth control targets. Otherwise, the rules may not take effect.