How to configure guest SSID on a UTT Business Router
Sometimes we need to set up a guest SSID for people to connect to our office WiFi. This guest SSID should have a different password or no password at all, with a speed limit, even client isolation to ensure safety.
- a UTT Business Router (hereinafter shorted as “the Router"), such as UTT router N518W, AC750W, AC750GW, and etc. Firmware Version: 2.5.3 or above
- a PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable
- Open a browser. Log into the Web UI of the UTT Business Router (default IP address 192.168.1.1, username: admin, password: admin).
- Go to Wireless > Basic. Configure SSID2 as the guest SSID. Click Advanced options and configure the rate limit rule for SSID2. There are two rate limit modes, Each and Shared. Each means this rule applies to each device, and Shared means the specified bandwidth is shared by all clients connected to SSID2.
- Go to Wireless > Security and configure the password for the guest SSID. We may also keep it as none, which will make it an open wireless network.
- If we need to isolate clients connected to the guest SSID, click Global Settings. Check Wired/Wireless Isolation and Inter-SSID Isolation.
- Go to Network > DHCP Server, enable Wireless DHCP Pool 1, enable DHCP Pool Isolation, configure the DHCP pool and check SSID2(2.4G) to assign this DHCP pool to the guest SSID.
The IP address range in Wireless DHCP pool must not overlap the original DHCP pool.