How to Configure PPTP Mobile User VPN Client on Windows 10
This document describes how to configure a PPTP VPN client on Windows 10.
- A UTT Business Router (hereinafter shortened as “the Router"), such as UTT router N518W, AC750W, AC750GW, AC1220GW, ER518, ER840G, and ER4240G.
- Firmware Version: 1.7.0 or above
- A PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable
- Right-click the Windows button in the bottom left corner of the screen, then click Network Connections. Please refer to the Figure 1-1.
- Click VPN and Add a VPN Connection. Please refer to the Figure 1-2.
- Select Windows (built-in) as VPN Provider, enter your preferred Connection name and Server or address of the VPN, select Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) in VPN type, User name and Password in Type of sign-in info, enter your own User name and Password, and click Save. Please refer to the Figure 1-3.
- Click the name of the VPN, and then click Connect. Please refer to the Figure 1-4.
- The VPN will be connected if the configuration is correct. Please refer to Figure 1-5.
To configure a PPTP server for mobile users on a UTT business router, please refer to the knowledge base below.