Here takes 192.168.1.1/24 as the gateway with IP range from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254, but actually devices connect to the network may be more than the number of DHCP pool and these over devices will gain IP from next sub net but cannot access Internet. This document describes how to extend IP address vis subnet mask.
1. a UTT Business Router (hereinafter shorted as “the Router"), such as UTT router N518W, AC750W, AC750GW, AC1220GW, ER518, ER840G and ER4240G. Firmware Version: 3.0.0 or above
2. a PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable
1. Go to Network > DHCP Server > Edit default DHCP Server, change default subnet mask 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.254.0 and click Save.
2. Go to Network > LAN > Edit, change default subnet mask 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.254.0 and click Save.
3. Disable Ethernet/Local Area Connection and reconnect. Check Internet Connection Status on PC with IP 192.168.0.98/23 point to gateway IP 192.168.1.1.
Gateway IP Subnet Mask IP Range
192.168.1.1/24 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 – 192.168.1.254
192.168.1.1/23 255.255.254.0 192.168.0.1 – 192.168.1.254
192.168.1.1/22 255.255.252.0 192.168.0.1 – 192.168.3.254