This document describes how to troubleshoot VPN mobile user is unable to access the server inside of the office even the VPN is successful connected.
1. a UTT Business Router (hereinafter shorted as “the Router"), such as UTT router N518W, AC750W, AC750GW, AC1220GW, ER518, ER840G and ER4240G. Firmware Version: 3.0.0 or above
2. a PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable
1. Go to VPN > PPTP/L2TP, check Connection Status is Online.
2. Server 10.10.10.101 is unable to ping by the PC from VPN client.
3. Check the configuration and VPN server enabled Web Authentication.
4. Disable Web Authentication and test accessible.
Devices must authenticate for accessing Internet if Web Authentication is enabled, while VPN is a virtual private network based the office network structure and takes effect under public network. So internal server can be accessed through VPN only when the server also can get into the Internet, i.e. disable Web Authemtication.