How to Avoid Wireless Interference on UTT Wireless Routers
This document describes how to avoid wireless interference on a UTT AC750W Router.
PCs connected to the router with an Ethernet cable can access the internet, but wireless devicescannot.
UTT business routers: UTT AC750W (or any other UTT business router that supports wireless connection)
- Connect a PC/laptop to the UTT AC750W via wireless.
- Install “Wirelessmon” on the PC/laptop (only available on Windows OS).
- Run “Wirelessmon”, select the network card used for the connection to the router and click (Start Logging) as shown in Figure1:
- “Wirelessmon” will detect the distribution of wireless channels in the environment. If the channel color is either red or yellow, it means there's strong wireless interference on the channel. If the channel color is either green or blue, it means there's weak wireless interference on the channel as shown in Figure2:
- Choose a 2.4G wireless channel among Channel 1, 6 or 11 if neither of them in the above figure is red or yellow. Otherwise, choose the channel with the shortest bar as your 2.4G channel.
- Log into the Web GUI of the router, Select Wireless>Basic>Channel. Select 11g Only as wireless mode, then click “Save” as shown in Figure 3: