PPTP/L2TP VPN Client Configuration on a UTT SOHO Router
This document describes how to configure a UTT SOHO router as a PPTP/L2TP VPN Client.
- A UTT SOHO Router (hereinafter referred to as "the Router"), such as AC60. Firmware Version: 1.8.0 or above.
- A PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable.
- Launch an Internet browser on the PC/laptop and visit http://192.168.1.1.
- Enter the Router username and password when prompted (default username: admin, default password: admin).
- Click Application. Click VPN.
- Select PPTP in Type. Slide the Enabled button to the right. Enter the VPN Server Address or the Server’s domain name. Enter the User Name and Password.
- Click Advanced Options.
- If the VPN account is a Point to Site VPN account, select Global Mode.
- If the VPN account is a Site to Site VPN account, select Specific Subnet Mode. Specify the Remote Subnet IP Address and Remote Subnet Mask.
- Click Save. Click Dial and wait for it to connect.
- L2TP VPN configuration is similar to that of the PPTP configuration. Please select L2TP in VPN Type and follow step 4 to 6.