How to assign traffic to different WAN based on time
This document describes how to make all Internet traffic to go through WAN1 on weekdays and WAN2 on weekends. The configuration can be customized according to users’actual requirements.
- A UTT Dual-WAN/Multi-WAN Business Router (hereinafter shortened as "the Router"), such as UTT N518W, AC750W, AC750GW, AC1220GW, ER518, ER840G, and ER4240G.
- Firmware Version: 1.7.0 to 2.5.3
- A PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable
- Open a web browser. Log into the Web UI of the Router (default IP address:192.168.1.1, username: admin, password: admin). Please refer to Figure 1-1.
- Go to Network > WAN to confirm both WAN lines are connected properly. Please refer to Figure 1-2.
- Go to Advanced > Policy Routing and click Add to create a new rule. Please refer to Figure 1-3.
- Check Enable. Configure a name for this rule. Select WAN1 in Interface. Select User Group – All Users in both Source IP and Destination IP. Select All in Protocol. Check all the weekdays(from Monday to Friday) in Schedule Settings. Then click Save. Please refer to Figure 1-4.
- Configure the WAN2 in a similar way. Select WAN2 in Interface. Check Saturday and Sunday in Schedule Settings. Please refer to Figure 1-5.
- Check Enable policy routing and click Save. Please refer to Figure 1-6.
- The configuration is then completed.
This configuration is highly helpful for utilizing multiple traffic-based or time-based ISP services on a UTT load balancing router.