How to Configure Partial Load Balancing on a UTT Business Router
This document describes how to configure Partial Load Balancing on a UTT Business Router.
Two or more ISP lines are connected to the WAN line, and they need to be configured in a Partial Load Balancing way.
- A UTT Dual-WAN / Multi-WAN Business Router (hereinafter shortened as “the Router"), such as UTT router N518W, AC750W, AC750GW, AC1220GW, ER518, ER840G and ER4240G.
- Firmware Version: 1.7.0 to 2.5.3.
- A PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser. Log into the Web UI of the Router (default IP address 192.168.1.1, username: admin, password: admin). Please refer to the Figure 1-1.
- Go to the Load Balancing page under Network>Loading Balancing. Make sure Partial Load Balancing mode is selected. Please follow the steps given below in the Figure 1-2.
After that, your configuration page should look like the Figure 1-3 below. Of course, you can choose WAN1 as Backup at the same time.
If you wish to change WAN2 to Primary, please follow the steps given below in the Figure 1-4. It will go back to Full Load Balancing mode automatically.
- Click the Detection and Bandwidth tab in the Figure 1-4.
- Configure Detection and Bandwidth as follows.
Detection Interval: 1 Sec
Retry Times: 3
Detection Target > Other IP Address > choose a stable IP like the DNS server 126.96.36.199
Bandwidth: set according to the bandwidth of your WAN lines
Remember to save after configuring each WAN port.
- Configure WAN2 in the same way.
- Click Save to finish the configuration.
The Detection Target should be a steady IP address, such as the well-known DNS address 188.8.131.52 or the IP address of a famous website.