Sometimes we need to set up a guest SSID for people to connect to our office WiFi. This guest SSID should have a different password or no password at all, with a speed limit, even client isolation to ensure safety.
1. a UTT Business Router (hereinafter shorted as “the Router"), such as UTT router N518W, AC750W, AC750GW and AC1220GW. Firmware Version: 3.0.0 or above
2. a PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable
1. Open a browser. Log into the Web UI of the UTT Business Router (default IP address 192.168.1.1, username: admin, password: admin).
2. Go to Wireless > Basic. Click Add.
3. Create a SSID as the guest SSID. If we need to isolate clients connected to the guest SSID, Enable Isolate Wireless Client and Wired/Wireless Isolation.
4. Go to Security and configure the password for the guest SSID. We may also keep it as none, which will make it an open wireless network.
5. Configure the rate limit rule for Guest network. There are two rate limit modes, Each and Shared. Each means this rule applies to each device, and Shared means the specified bandwidth is shared by all clients connected to Guest.
6. Laptop connect to wireless Office, IP 192.168.1.109
7. Phone connect to wireless Guest, IP 192.168.1.84
8. Laptop ping 192.168.1.84 is unreachable.