If a SOHO Router is connected to the ISP modem in the Dynamic IP mode, but cannot access the Internet, please use the following instructions to solve the problem.
- A UTT SOHO Router, (hereinafter referred to as “the Router”), such as UTT AC650W, AC60, and etc.Firmware Version: 1.8.0 or above.
- A PC/laptop connected the Routerwirelessly or through an Ethernet cable.
- the PC/laptop directly to the modem, and see if it can access the Internet. If not, please contact Internet Service Provider for assistance.
- If the PC/laptop can access the Internet, please disconnect it, then connect the Router directly to the modem, and connect the PC/laptop to the Router.
- Press Win+R on the keyboard, enter cmd and press Enter.
- Enter ipconfig/all in theCommand Prompt window, then press Enter. Find the Physical Address and copy it.
- Launch an Internet browser on the PC/laptop and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Enter the Router username and password when prompted (default username: admin, default password: admin).
- Click Internet.
- Click Clone.After the MAC Address changes, click Save.
- Reboot the Router and try to connect to the Internet again.