A UTT business router is connected to the ISP modem in DHCP mode, but cannot access the Internet, please use the following instructions to solve the problem.
- A UTT Business Router (hereinafter referred toas “the Router"), such as UTT router N518W, AC750W, AC750GW, and etc.Firmware Version: 1.7.0 or above.
- A PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the PC/laptop directly to the modem and see if it can access the Internet. If not, please contact Internet Service Provider for assistance.
- If the PC/laptop can access the Internet, please disconnect it, then connect the Router directly to the modem, and connect the PC/laptop to the Router.
- Press Win+R on the keyboard, enter cmd and press Enter.
- Enter ipconfig/all in the Command Prompt window, then press Enter. Find the Physical Address and copy it.
- Launch an Internet browser on the PC/laptop and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Enter the Router username and password when prompted (default username: admin, default password: admin).
- Find Network > WAN and click Advanced Options.
- Paste the Physical Address in Figure 1-2 to the MAC Address field in Figure 1-4 then click Save.
- Reboot the Router and try to connect to the Internet again.
It is recommended to disable DNS Proxy in Network > DHCP Server.