Parental Control Configuration on a UTT SOHO Router
This document describes how to configure parental control (domain filtering based on MAC address) on a UTT SOHO router.
- A UTT SOHO Router (hereinafter referred to as “the Router”), such as AC650W, AC60, and etc. Firmware Version: 1.8.0 or above.
- A PC/laptop connected to the Router wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable.
- Launch an Internet browser on the PC/laptop and visit http://192.168.1.1.
- Enter the Router username and password when prompted (default username: admin, default password: admin).
- Click Application. Click Parental Control.
- Right swipe the button to enable Parental Control.
The Current Device MAC is the MAC address of the PC you used to log on the Router.
Select one or more MAC addresses to set them as the parents’ MAC address, which will not be affected by the parental control rules. Click Save.
Specify a Name for the Children’s device. Select a MAC address in Children Device MAC.
Click Allowed Domain Settings. Specify one or more domain names in Domains Allowed to Access. Wildcard (*) can be used here. For example, enter “*google.com”, then any website URL that has “google” in it will be matched.
Click Schedule to specify the date and time for the parental control rule to take effect.
- Click Add and the above configuration will be added to the Children Device List. If more entries need to be configured, click Add again. Click the Edit button to modify the entry and click Modify after finishing the change.